Thursday, November 14, 2013

Alternative Refresher

I was late for my meeting this morning as my hubby and I spent yesterday digging up some thirty year old rhodies and assorted large bushes.

Oye, I hurt today.

My thumbs are a mess. Swollen, throbbing, tender, useless.

I'm sure my hubby was happy to go back to his desk job today. His back was tender last night.

We are both getting old. 

I stopped by the local coffee shop for a feta and spinach wrap and a big berry hibiscus refresher.

I ended up much more refreshed than I had anticipated!

The wrap was hot, so I tried to hold the bag it was in away from my iced drink. Since the paper bag was scrunched in the fingers of my left hand, being that my thumbs aren't working, I had to squeeze my drink with the side of my left hand and the palm and fingers of my right hand.

Yep. The sides of that big, plastic drink cup collapsed inward, popping off the lid with straw and shooting ice cold 'refresher' down the front of me.

Fortunately I was wearing dark clothing so the spill wasn't as noticeable.

Unfortunately, it was 41°F out. 

Brrrrrr.

Did I go back in and order another drink?

Not on your life.

The inability to use my thumbs may make me clumsy, but it doesn't make me stupid! 

No comments:

Post a Comment