Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Heat Wave

Woo hoo! The temp today is up to 50°F and I am soooo happy even though it is a cloudy, grey day that is threatening rain.

My thumbs are working!

Unfortunately that means I have to vacuum, fold clothes, pay bills and sort through my closets.


Fortunately, if I can get those done quickly enough I can scrapbook for a while!

I was going to try to meet a friend for coffee this morning, but will put it off until a non-functioning thumb day. 

My friends understand.

I try hard not to whine or complain. 

I seldom wear my hand braces in public. They are rigid bright red plastic with black velcro straps. Highly visible. Definitely worth wearing as they remind me to limit my thumb movements, which in turn alleviates my pain.

I can't drive well with my braces on. Without the braces I can hook my thumbs over the steering wheel to align with my fingers. I still forget occasionally and try to wrap my thumbs under the wheel to grasp the wheel tightly. I pay dearly later on for that lapse in judgement.

Another wonderful thing I can do today is pull. I can grasp a thumb drive and pull it out of my laptop.

I can pull a thread through material, so I need to get some mending done tonight.

I can make pulled pork, slice onions, and grate cheese!

Hurray for warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment