Monday, November 4, 2013

Cold Cruel World

Holy cannoli, it's cold out. 

31° Fehrenheit at nine o'clock in the morning.

I am cold and I ache.

I'm wrapped in a king sized blanket from head to toe. I have thick woolly socks tucked into fur lined slippers, and am clothed in heavy sweats and thermal long johns. I do not have gloves on as I haven't figured out how to navigate a keyboard fully gloved yet. 

I am contemplating the purchase of Dragon Voice Recognition software.

Nice thing about keyboards though - I can 'rap' my thumbs against the space bar just fine. Thank you Lord for that.

I certainly understand how appealing a move to warm, dry climates can be when one advances in age. I just checked, and the actual age to become recognized as a senior citizen is typically 65. I have a couple of years to go.

One very ironic part of my life is that I still have a teenager at home. I will be able to buy Kidlet his high school graduation gift with my first social security check. Sobering fact, indeed.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my 'late in life' child, but I am so very glad that I don't have to deal with diapers right now. Nor worry about hanging onto a wiggling toddler. Or, for that matter, remembering where I left the little bugger! Funny to contemplate those possibilities.

I know that I need to get up and move around to increase my circulation. Perhaps I can go down to our dining room in order to do some jumping jacks directly in front of our pellet stove (which is currently cranked to mega heat setting). 

I suppose just running up and down the stairs would help a bit also. There are dishes to be done on the main floor and laundry to be completed in the basement. Wouldn't hurt to get the vacuum out, too. 

Kidlet plays football, though his season is winding down. He is living on Ibuprofen right now, as am I.  My sweet boy remembers to keep the cap on the bottle loosely after his morning dose in order for me to get my daily doses. Nothing worse than someone forgetting and screwing the 'childproof' cap on tight. I've actually taken a hack saw to a bottle before. I was not a happy camper.

The thought of unbundling from my current cozy blanket-nest is disheartening. But I doubt that I would be able to slide from my office chair and roll myself down the stairs with blanket intact. 

*Sigh*

Oh how I long for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment