Friday, November 8, 2013

PBJ

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Simple, straight forward.

Slap a couple of pieces of bread on the board. 

Then try to wind the twisty tie around the bread bag using only your fingers. Some times I just toss the twisty and twirl the bag well & tuck the end under the loaf itself when putting it back in the drawer.

Opening the jars of peanut butter and the jelly isn't too bad as I have a super duper lid opener from Pampered Chef fastened to the bottom of a cupboard. I can hold the jars with both hands and twist.

But now I have to get the peanut butter out of the jar. 

The jelly is easy with a long handled ice tea spoon. Peanut butter is a horse of a different color.

If I use a knife, I have to clinch it very tightly with my fingers and palm. Even though I am not using my thumb, it hurts like bloody heck.

If I use some sort of spoon I have to then use a knife or spatula to scrap the peanut butter off of the spoon and onto the bread. Chances are that I will tear up the bread, as well as smear myself, the breadboard, the counter and any loose items nearby in the process.

It is much simpler to make a different sort of sandwich. Mayo and mustard are already in squeeze bottles which I can apply both palms to. Lunchmeat and cheese are presliced, and our salad greens come pre-torn in a nice big plastic box. Easy peasy.

Or I can call Kidlet in to help me, his dear old mum, with the peanut butter.

He's really sweet about it.

Except for the snickering...

No comments:

Post a Comment