Thursday, November 7, 2013

Clipped & Nailed

Have you ever tried to clip your nails, either finger or toe, without using your thumbs? Go ahead and try it. Hold the clippers between your fingers. Or try gripping the clippers between your fingers and palm. Or try to push the clippers with your fingers against a counter or table edge.

Right, it's hard.

So is painting said nails. It is very difficult to steady the nail polish brush between your fingers.

Up until a few years ago I had never been to a nail salon in my life. Now I'm a regular.

It's not cheap.

I am starting to recognize how many things I am changing as a result of losing the use of my thumbs.

I no longer grate cheese. I buy it pre-shredded instead.

I don't chop up veggies like I use to.

Kneading dough and rolling pie crusts becomes a real endeavor.

I envision having to hire a housecleaning service in the not too distant future as it is becoming very difficult to adequately hang on to our vacuum cleaner, duster, sponges and scrub brushes. It's hard to wring out cloths. It's even becoming impossible to grip a spray pump on a household cleaner.

Some articles of clothing are nearly impossible to hook, snap, zip or button.

Shoot.

Speaking of which, I haven't been target shooting for a long time now. Or fishing.

I think I'm going to have to remedy that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment